Why hello there, Flutter friends! I must apologize for the delay between posts- here at the shop we have been making the transition from winter to spring, which is now pretty much complete! Cindy closed the shop last Wednesday and filled the shelves, couches, and tables with plenty of new colorful products- new scents, new books, and plenty of new oddities.
In a couple of days I will be sharing a bunch of film photographs of the spring-ready shop, but for now, let us recognize that Valentine’s Day has just about arrived! Have you picked out the perfect something for your sweetie? Your honey muffin? Your kitten kaboodle? If not, take a peek at some of my own favorite picks for this sweet holiday. And then stop in for your last-minute gifts!
1. Abstract Seahorse Pillow ($62), 2. Tokyo Milk Sugar Bomb No. 112 Mix and Match Perfume ($18.50), 3. Nouveau Locket Earrings ($40), 4. Silhouette: The Art of the Shadow ($65), 5. Voluspa Panjore Lychee Candle ($7.50), 6. Sibley Backyard Birding Flashcards: 100 Common Birds of Eastern and Western North America ($14.99), 7. Tokyo Milk Marine Sel No. 54 Hand Cream ($18.50), 8. Key Hook Pillow ($48), and 9. Peacock Ring ($30)
Enjoy Valentine’s Day, whether it be romantically with your significant other or bitterly with a dear friend- see you all in a couple of days! xo, Summer
First, I must tell you all to watch this lovely little Flutter video, shot by local filmmaker Justin Koleszar…
Doesn’t it just capture the shop perfectly? And oh, our sweet silly King, he does well in his moment of fame.
And now, more gift guides! Christmas is only four shopping days away, so come stop in the store, drink some free champagne and finish shopping for the men and women in your life with unique objects!
For the men…
1. Japanese Cinema ($35), 2. Compass Keychain ($8.50), 3. Red Army Cavalry Hat ($32), 4. Beetle Hook Pillow ($65), 5. “LOOKING FOR TROUBLE” Scrimshaw Horn Box ($32), 6. Cast Iron Jose Skull Bottle opener ($10), 7. Blackish Cicada Paper Weight ($12), and 8. Outlaws!: Adventures of Pirates, Scoundrels, and Other Rebels ($45)
For the ladies…
1. God Save The Queen Pillow ($58), 2. West Third Brand: Jardin d’Amour ($32), 3. Jane Necklace ($22), 4. Paper Cutting ($27.50), 5. Tokyo Milk Dead Sexy Hand Creme ($18.50), 6. Magnifying Glass Necklace ($22), 7. Voluspa Winesap Apple Spice Candle ($7.50), 8. Nudie Purse Mirror from Peru ($6.50), and 9. I Will Never Forget You…: Frida Kahlo to Nickolas Muray ($24.95)
Have a lovely pre-holiday week- I shall check-in again before Christmas arrives! xoxo
Hello and good evening. I hope all our readers had a very lovely Thanksgiving with plenty of food, friends, and family!
This is sort of a mini-post with few words, but plenty of pictures. I recently brought my clanky old film camera back into Flutter and clicked away. Here are fifteen of my favorites because I think they show all the beautiful colors inside the shop…
Here’s to a fantastic and glorious week- see you in a few days!
I often find myself inspired while spending my Sundays at Flutter. Not only do I have some of my favorite music playing and get to meet some lovely folks, but there’s no denying that I am completely surrounded by beautiful things. Usually I find this inspiration being targeted to my camera, but this week I decided to do something a little different. During the few quieter moments in the shop, I broke out my sketchbook and doodled some of my favorite objects and garments. While curled up on my sofa during the evening (while watching some bad tv, I admit), I painted them in with watercolors.
Oh, pretty little things, I love thee. This coming week I’d like to pair some shop objects with some of my favorite old film stars. I have a feeling they’ll go together hand-in-hand.
It looks like it’s going to be a lovely weekend. I wish you all: cinnamon vanilla tea (my current favorite), warm apple crisp, a classic movie viewing with someone you admire, a great thrift store find, sweet scents, some bed reading, good crisp weather, flirtations, salted caramels, a cozy nap, bursts of inspiration, some ridiculous dance moves, and discovery.
Stop by and say hello- see you soon!
Fall has arrived at Flutter! When I came into work on Sunday, I was completely blown away by how different the shop looks. Cindy closed the shop for a day to bring in new products, take out some old ones, and completely rearrange everything. Let me tell you, it looks lovely.
There are so many new items coming in for Autumn and the holidays. New books, scents, household items, and novelties, as well as new vintage finds. There are a couple antique couches I just dream of curling up on at home with my cat and a cup of tea.
Now, let’s get ready for this heat to end and the leaves to change. This year I am welcoming fall with open arms.
New in the shop: my picks:
1 and 2. Tomas Casademunt and The Selby is in your place: two very inspiring photography and interior books. Full of color and the prettiest clutter.
3. New Tokyomilk roll-ons. Not only do they smell delicious, but they come packaged in pretty vials with corks. I’m such a lover of this company.
4. Tree identification matches. We have a few new matchbook boxes in stock, but these ones are my favorites. Simple & classic packaging for a home necessity.
5. Classic nudie postcards. I myself have already purchased three of these and they look perfect hung next to my canopy bed in my girly bedroom.
6. Horse bottle opener. It reminds me of a door knocker on a old pub.
7. More classic naked ladies, this time on little pocket mirrors. I can’t resist a little vintage sexiness to keep in my purse.
8. Devil acrobat toy. Just in time for Halloween, I’m pretty sure my little boys would love this.
9. I love Eleanor Grosch’s work, so I was quite happy to see a trunk filled with her notecards for sale.
Enjoy your week!