Since I don’t have a scanner, but I do have a decent camera on my phone, I decided to seize the day and post away.Here’s the inaugural post, with five snaps that once were lost and now are found. Lucky you! It’s a peek into an oft-overlooked stack of treasures that begs to be mined for ideas for a poem, script or story. I’ll try to do this regularly, since we have so many good ones come through here. XO Sara
Happy Sunday! I hope you all are feeling well-rested with an extra hour of sleep thanks to Daylight Savings Time. Today I have a few things to share. First, I must mention that our sister store Eden (located in the Pearl District) now has an online shop, as well as a stunning new lookbook! The photographs, by Annie Montgomery, were shot in a Washington Forest and feature beautiful jewelry and vintage clothing, models, and even furniture (yes, put in the middle of the trees.) I think it all turned out so beautifully, and am quite happy Eden goods can now be purchased from all over the USA!
Second, we have some new lovely items at Flutter that I’d like to share. All can be purchased in our shop, and most online…
1. ‘My Mom, Style Icon’ from Chronicle Books ($18.95), 2. Rock candy! ($2), 3. Super cute animal nodders are back ($10), 4. Antiqued corkscrews in various styles ($34), 5 and 6. New scents in lovely containers from Voluspa ($26 and $20), 7. Set of six spinning wooden tops ($12.50), and 8. ‘Instrument,’ also from Chronicle Books ($29.95)
And lastly, just some shots from my recent workdays. Every day I’m there, I can’t help snapping photographs. It’s just too dang pretty inside!
paper lanterns hanging from the ceiling.
pretty vintage garments all hung in a row.
a tray of old photographs. Loving that pretty lady on top.
King, mid-meow. He’s the best.
Fall has arrived at Flutter! When I came into work on Sunday, I was completely blown away by how different the shop looks. Cindy closed the shop for a day to bring in new products, take out some old ones, and completely rearrange everything. Let me tell you, it looks lovely.
There are so many new items coming in for Autumn and the holidays. New books, scents, household items, and novelties, as well as new vintage finds. There are a couple antique couches I just dream of curling up on at home with my cat and a cup of tea.
Now, let’s get ready for this heat to end and the leaves to change. This year I am welcoming fall with open arms.
New in the shop: my picks:
1 and 2. Tomas Casademunt and The Selby is in your place: two very inspiring photography and interior books. Full of color and the prettiest clutter.
3. New Tokyomilk roll-ons. Not only do they smell delicious, but they come packaged in pretty vials with corks. I’m such a lover of this company.
4. Tree identification matches. We have a few new matchbook boxes in stock, but these ones are my favorites. Simple & classic packaging for a home necessity.
5. Classic nudie postcards. I myself have already purchased three of these and they look perfect hung next to my canopy bed in my girly bedroom.
6. Horse bottle opener. It reminds me of a door knocker on a old pub.
7. More classic naked ladies, this time on little pocket mirrors. I can’t resist a little vintage sexiness to keep in my purse.
8. Devil acrobat toy. Just in time for Halloween, I’m pretty sure my little boys would love this.
9. I love Eleanor Grosch’s work, so I was quite happy to see a trunk filled with her notecards for sale.
Enjoy your week!