Good evening, folks. It is the end of Sunday and the beginning of autumn, which means I spent my day at Flutter listening to both the pounding rain and some lovely music (my favorites for rainy shop days? Nick Cave, Billie Holiday, and The Magnetic Fields.) Wanderers came in and out, soaked by the rain, but happy to be greeted by King, our ever-charming cat, and the coziness of the shop. I’ll tell you, I am a deep lover of this time of year. Crisp air, vibrant colors, scarf weather… and Halloween. I love Halloween. But we’ll get more into that next week.
Being a collector and design lover (see more here), there are many things inside Flutter that strike my fancy. Industrial furniture, inspiring books, vintage oddities, and one-of-a-kind dresses. Each week, I tend to snap some of my favorites on my phone just to keep track of random things I adore. On this fine Sunday, these are my picks…
1. little sailor boy ($24) and 2. Frida Kahlo book ($24.95)
3. alabaster stag ($70) and 4. black & white 1950s dress ($68)
5. Pretty Things, a burlesque history book ($19.99) and 6. vintage squirrel statue ($68)
7. garden gnome pillows ($45 each) and 8. antique fencing mask ($135)
Next post: Halloween time at Flutter- enjoy the week!
Fall has arrived at Flutter! When I came into work on Sunday, I was completely blown away by how different the shop looks. Cindy closed the shop for a day to bring in new products, take out some old ones, and completely rearrange everything. Let me tell you, it looks lovely.
There are so many new items coming in for Autumn and the holidays. New books, scents, household items, and novelties, as well as new vintage finds. There are a couple antique couches I just dream of curling up on at home with my cat and a cup of tea.
Now, let’s get ready for this heat to end and the leaves to change. This year I am welcoming fall with open arms.
New in the shop: my picks:
1 and 2. Tomas Casademunt and The Selby is in your place: two very inspiring photography and interior books. Full of color and the prettiest clutter.
3. New Tokyomilk roll-ons. Not only do they smell delicious, but they come packaged in pretty vials with corks. I’m such a lover of this company.
4. Tree identification matches. We have a few new matchbook boxes in stock, but these ones are my favorites. Simple & classic packaging for a home necessity.
5. Classic nudie postcards. I myself have already purchased three of these and they look perfect hung next to my canopy bed in my girly bedroom.
6. Horse bottle opener. It reminds me of a door knocker on a old pub.
7. More classic naked ladies, this time on little pocket mirrors. I can’t resist a little vintage sexiness to keep in my purse.
8. Devil acrobat toy. Just in time for Halloween, I’m pretty sure my little boys would love this.
9. I love Eleanor Grosch’s work, so I was quite happy to see a trunk filled with her notecards for sale.
Enjoy your week!
Through the lens of an old Canon film camera…
It sure does look pretty, doesn’t it? I usually snap most pictures of the shop on my iPhone, but last week I brought one of my film cameras in (I’m a bit of an obsessive collector) and snapped these. Just like certain albums sound best heard on a scratchy old record player, I think Flutter looks best on film. Like any good classic.
On another note, come stop by the shop this week- a bunch of items are now on sale in the back, along with furniture on the sidewalk. We’re clearing way for a whole lot of new products coming in for the fall. Or just come by to pet King, marvel at our new arrow sign (seen above), and “smoke” some candy cigarettes!